Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A winter's day dreaming - freshly baked bread

 
I don't bake, that I have said many many times before. I try to bake and sometimes I pull it off but mostly, I have no natural affinity for this art.
MrB - the scientist - is much better at baking.
He is precise and methodical - qualities that are important when baking.
 
When I showed MrB the baking options for the July Recipe a Week Challenge, he eagerly offered to make the bread option.



He cooked his potatoes and began mixing the dough. He mixed the potatoes, the cheese and the herbs
The house smelled like a rosemary bush. It felt like I was in heaven. And this was only the dough.
When the bread was in the oven, the aromas filling our home was just incredible. I couldn't wait to break into the warm delicious loaves.
There is something heart-warming about a house filled with freshly baked bread.
 
 
We tucked in. Between 6 of us we finished two loaves of this incredible bread.
We sat outside in the winter sun, eating this bread, drinking wine and laughing at good memories.
Large chunks of bread was dipped into balsamic vinegar and olive oil - a classic combination that compliments the pecorino cheese and rosemary of the bread.
MrB had selected a few cheeses to enjoy with the bread.
What a feast!
If anyone does want to to bake the bread - here is the recipe
 
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment